We are back open, with your safety and the safety of our staff being our top priority.
As a privately owned family business, we want to keep you up to date with steps we’re taking in our dealerships with regards to COVID-19. We are working towards re-opening, carefully and in phases from 1st June. Our priority will be to ensure the safety of our staff, customers, suppliers and visitors while managing the risk from the potential spread of the virus.
We are staying informed about the developing situation, and will be following advice from the Government & Public Health England. The safety of our customers and suppliers, staff and visitors will always be our highest priority.
We have taken the following measures in line with official guidance to try to manage Coronavirus within our dealerships:
- Cleaning in our dealerships is increased, especially in areas touched regularly by all staff and all customers such as counters, desks and restrooms.
- We ask everyone to adhere to No Contact. No Handshakes.
- We request any customers visiting any of our dealerships to sanitise and/or handwash as and when applicable.
- There are hygiene stations at all entrances with sanitiser and disposable gloves for customers to apply and wear during the duration of their visit. We have deep cleaned our premises and all our vehicles prior to reopening.
- We will increase the frequency of cleaning our public areas and vehicles.
- All vehicles in our dealerships for service or warranty work will be deep cleaned before returning them.
- There are 2m safety guidelines marked out around our dealership, please adhere to these and keep a 2m distance from other customers and members of staff
Customers are very welcome to visit our dealerships to discuss their new and used car needs, browse the range and to book servicing appointments. We ask our customers to follow Government and Public Health England guidelines and refrain from visiting if of high risk or currently self-isolating.
We understand that customers may have concerns about visiting our dealerships at this time, therefore, we are offering the following services:
- Delivery service for customers purchasing a car from us.
- Test drives can be arranged from your home.
- We are monitoring the situation closely and will amend any dealership policies in line with Government advice.
Coming in for a test drive? Please ensure you bring your valid Driver’s Licence, National Insurance number and a Credit/Debit card. Alternatively to save time on the day please can you obtain a code from the DVLA and bring this with you.
The code can be obtained by clicking this link: https://bit.ly/3hcSIph
Watch our video by clicking on the image, to see how we have adapted our showrooms to keep our staff and customers safe.
Our aftersales departments are now operating and taking all bookings for servicing, MOT and repair queries at Wilsons. The government has confirmed the six-month MOT exemption is under constant review and could be cancelled at any time, we anticipate a rush for appointments when the exemption is cancelled so please consider booking now to assure you get a slot!
We've reworked our showrooms to create safe, sanitised environments for visitors and staff - all social contact at the advised distance of 2 metres apart, sanitiser and gloves are provided to all visitors and members of our team and we now have contact-free check in too. All you have to do is enter your details on the screen, pop your keys into a sealable envelope, input the number from the envelope on to the screen and drop your keys in the box. Safe, secure and contact free with Wilsons.
Watch the video by clicking on the image for a step by step guide for how we are keeping you & our teams safe on your visit.
We are delighted to have re-opened. Thank you for your interest, continued support and custom. We very much look forward to welcoming you – online, by phone, email or in person.