Sell Your Car With Wilsons
The Wilson's Process
- Step 1Enter your registration to get an instant online valuation
- Step 2Book an appointment to discuss your estimate and confirm the price
- Step 3Sell your car - we will buy your car in under an hour!
- Step 4Receive your payment the very same day! As easy as that
Sell your car for a great price, for free! Just put in your vehicle registration and mileage and some basic details about your car and receive a free valuation within minutes – there are no hidden fees or costs. Once we have valued your car, you can book in for an appointment to discuss your valuation and confirm the price. Once a price is agreed we will pay the money straight in to your bank account. Quick, easy and hassle free.
It’s a simple, straightforward process that can be done right from your phone on our website – and you can get a sale agreed in as little as 24 hours. Oh, and just in case you missed it, it's 100% free! Already ordered your next car elsewhere? No problem. Whilst we’d obviously like for you to choose us for your next car, there's no purchase necessary- we’d still love to own your car. Our experts will also help settle existing finance and deal with all the paperwork to complete your car valuation process.
Selling Your Car With Us
- Trusted valuations – our valuations are powered by data from CAP market value look ups, so you get an accurate price that reflects the current market.
- We take the hassle out of selling your car, even paying off any outstanding finance.
- Instant payments available – receive your payment within 24 hours.
- Realistic and transparent pricing – if you are honest with us we are honest with you.
Selling Your Car Without Us
- Admin fees – many other companies charge high admin fees to buy your car.
- Charges for faster payments.
- Unrealistic valuations which can be reduced based on condition.
- You could be dealing with private buyers or traders.
Don't just take our word for it
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens to my road tax when I sell my car?
Road tax is non-transferrable, so you will need to contact the DVLA to let them know that you have sold your car. They will then be able to start the process of cancelling and refunding any full months of remaining tax.
- What happens to my insurance when I sell my car?
You will need to ensure that you cancel your car insurance when you sell your car (if it is no longer required), or have it transferred to your new vehicle.
- How long does it take to sell my car with Wilsons?
Once you have received your valuation, you can book an appointment to sell your car as soon as the next day, subject to availability.
- Will I be charged to sell my car?
There are no additional fees when it comes to selling your car. The valuation you are quoted is the amount that will be paid into your bank account (subject to your car being in the condition it has been described as).
- What documents do I need to sell my car?
When you come to sell your car, you will need to ensure you have the following documents with you to complete the sale:
- Proof of ID (either a photocard driving licence with the address matching that on the V5C or passport and proof of address dated within the last 3 months)
- V5C/Log Book (in the name of the person selling the vehicle)
- MOT Certificate (with a minimum of 3 months remaining)
- Spare Keys (if available)
- Service History (if available)
- A copy of your finance settlement letter (if you have outstanding finance to be cleared) OR a clearance letter if you have recently paid any finance on the vehicle.
- Bank details, so we can make any payment due to you