Marketing and Social Media Assistant
This is a brand-new role, designed to further develop the Wilson’s brand alongside our well-regarded in-house Marketing Manager and digital marketing agency. We also have a Marketing Assistant, currently on maternity leave, plus a talented team within Sales to draw inspiration and assistance from. Add into the mix our Managing Director, who has worked up through the ranks.He’s highly sales orientated and very open indeed to ideas that will help Wilsons continue to attract, and retain, new, and existing, customers.
Established in 1904, as the UK’s first driving school by Florence and Harold Wilson, we’re proudly central Epsom based.Over the past 116 years we’ve grown into a £140 million turnover business. Today we sell ten new car brands as well as having over 1,000 used cars on site.We are also proud in firmly retaining our family roots.
Wilsons are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated and diligent Marketing and Social Media Assistant to provide support to our in-house Marketing Manager who reports directly to the Managing Director.
In this brand-new role, you will work closely with our internal marketing manager, our external digital marketing agency as well as various sales staff to produce a portfolio of materials - brand awareness, create social media content, prepare presentation documents, research industry trends, and gather client data and input it into our database. You will also assist with event planning, scheduling, running the social media channels and creating content for these, and other administrative tasks as necessary.
Our ideal candidate has some marketing experience and will be highly self-motivated and capable enough to complete tasks on a deadline with little supervision.
To be successful as a Marketing and Social Media Assistant at Wilsons, you must have excellent time management skills and be eager to keep up to date with industry innovations, changes and new model launches as well as what is going on internally at Wilsons and thinking of different ways we can promote this.
- Works under the direction of the Marketing Manager to help meet Wilson’s marketing goals and objectives, building strong working relationships with colleagues to help them too
- Research market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information that helps managers develop marketing plans
- Analyses surveys, polls, and other market research to look for patterns and trends
- Creates graphs, reports, and detailed data analysis using computer software
- Assist in the running of all social media pages, creating engaging content for these
- Analysing the success of the campaigns we run and suggesting ideas for future ones
- Working with the Marketing Manager and External Companies to run paid social media for Wilsons and Loads of Vans
- Creating and running paid search alongside the Marketing Manager
- Creating promotional materials, including brochures, blogs, marketing copy, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with running the websites for both Wilsons and Loads of Vans
- Updating posts regularly with relevant keywords for search engine optimisation
- Enters marketing data into spreadsheets and helps to create data and financial reports for Marketing Manager and Directors
- Helps maintain excellent client relationships through superior customer service skills
- Helps to plan promotional events hosted by the company's marketing department
- A year working in a similar environment having studied marketing or communications
- Evidence of commercial acumen, possibly from your family business background and/or further education
- A demonstrable interest in the automotive industry
- Ability to talk enthusiastically about innovation opportunities within the sector
- Persuasive and credible, quickly able to build rapport with others who will work with you
- Able to get the message over, adapting as necessary depending on your audience
- Proven experience working within a customer orientated, fast paced marketing environment
- Advanced Excel and self-sufficient Word/ITC skills
- Unflappable, good humoured, willing and able to pick up (last moment) tasks and see them through to deadline accurately
- Great telephone manner, strong online presence (Zoom, Teams etc) and equally happy to chat in person
Would be nice to have:
- Proven knowledge effectively using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for marketing and communicating effectively to others
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Previous working experience in a marketing and/or social media role
- Analytical skills to pick up and convey what is ‘need to know’
- Strong written skills
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
How to apply:
We’d love you to send us your application in order to persuade us to give you a first interview, which will be by video conference.
The final interview will involve the Managing Director.
Please apply as follows: Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org